Cowan to Berowra via Berowra Waters

From my experience of this walk a year ago, I remembered it to have numerous painful climbs up and down steep hills and rocks. Last time we walked from Cowan to Mt Kuring-gai, the station after Berowra. I thought if I managed to do that, this walk should be much easier. Although from memory, Cowan to Berowra Waters was the most difficult part. The rest wasn't as bad.


Once the climb started, I realised the climb was as painful as I have remembered. I don't think I have become any fitter since the last time I attempted this walk.




We caught the ferry from one side to the other side for lunch. It is a cable ferry that connects Berowra Waters and Berowra Heights. It take people and vehicles, and takes only about 2 minutes to get to the other side.

After having lunch at Berowra Waters, and watched Cate Blanchett walked onto her boat, we continued our walk. I assured others that the second part of the walk is nowhere as difficult as the first.

This was a view on the way up the hill from Berowra Waters. The timing of the afternoon sun on Berowra Creek was perfect.

This was the view from Naa Badu lookout. Dark clouds was closing in so we had to pick up our speed.

Once we climbed up from Berowra Waters to the fire trail, I thought the steep climb was finally over. Last time we continued the walk towards Mt Kuring-gai from this fire trail, I thought walking to Berowra station will be similar but shorter.


I was so wrong. The steep climb continued.....


Although the climbs during the second half of the walk was not as strenuous, but we were already very worn out by then. After the long walk on the fire trail we just want to go home.

We got to the station just before the sun goes down. Perfect timing and a good work out today. My legs and body will be sore tomorrow....

Total distance: 16.7km
Climb: 1114m
Time: 6hours

Go to the link below for information and map for this walk.
http://beyondtracks.com/walks/berowra-valley-regional-park/cowan-to-berowra-via-berowra-waters/

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings Canyon NT

Tasmania Trip Day 3 - Cradle Mountain